fbpx

Armie Hammer’s ex Paige Lorenze calls actor ‘kind of a scary person’

Hammer has denied the allegations against him (Picture: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

Armie Hammer’s ex-girlfriend has called him ‘kind of a scary person’.

The Call Me By Your Name actor has been accused of sending graphic sexual messages to a number of women and allegedly engaging in abusive behaviour – allegations Hammer has denied. 

In a feature in Vanity Fair, Hammer’s ex Paige Lorenze has claimed she broke things off with him last year when he ‘started making rules for me of things I could and couldn’t do, who I could have over, who I couldn’t’.

The 22-year-old told the publication: ‘He told me that I couldn’t have anyone else in my bed. And then I just started to feel really unsafe and really sick to my stomach about things.

‘I was also emotionally dependent on him.’

Lorenze said she ended the relationship over text because ‘you never know what you’re going to get with him—he’s kind of a scary person’.

Lorenze met Hammer, 34, in September 2020, soon after he announced his separation from wife of 10 years Elizabeth Chambers. 

During their relationship, Lorenze met Hammer’s mother Dru and spent Thanksgiving with the family.

Lorenze said that she began speaking out about her experience with Hammer after seeing messages alleged to be from the actor shared on the anonymous Instagram account @houseofeffie.

She said: ‘I saw these screenshots and my stomach just dropped, like, Holy f***. Because he would say things to me…weird stuff…like, “I want to eat your ribs”.’

Another former girlfriend of Hammer’s, Courtney Vucekovich, also alleged that he ‘love-bombed’ her before starting with ‘the manipulation’.

Vucekovich, who dated Hammer between June and September last year, also claimed that Hammer ‘sulked’ until she consented to participate in a bondage scenario that she was not comfortable with.

A lawyer for Hammer said: ‘All interactions between Mr. Hammer and his former partners were consensual. They were fully discussed, agreed upon in advance with his partners, and mutually participatory. 

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - DECEMBER 07: Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers attend the Brooks Brothers and St Jude Children's Research Hospital Annual Holiday Celebration at The West Hollywood Edition on December 07, 2019 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Donato Sardella/Getty Images for Brooks Brothers)

Elizabeth was shocked by the allegations (Picture: Donato Sardella/Getty Images for Brooks Brothers)

‘The stories perpetuated on social media were designed to be salacious in an effort to harm Mr. Hammer, but that does not make them true.’

Amidst the scandal, Hammer has been dropped by his agency and left his role in Shotgun Wedding, a rom-com starring Jennifer Lopez.

He said: ‘I’m not responding to these bulls*** claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic. Lionsgate is supporting me in this, and I’m grateful to them for that.’

Josh Duhamel has replaced Hammer in the leading role.

The father-of-two has also left The Offer, a Paramount+ series about the making of The Godfather – having previously dropped out of a star-studded series called Gaslit to film it.

His estranged wife Elizabeth said she was ‘shocked’ by the claims against Hammer, writing on social media: ‘For weeks, I’ve been trying to process everything that has transpired. I am shocked, heartbroken, and devastated. Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn’t realise how much I didn’t know. 

‘I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted Hammer’s lawyer for comment. 


MORE : Ryan Reynolds orders Alison Hammond’s son to ‘step up’ Mother’s Day game: ‘Even if you steal some flowers’