fbpx

Pavel Nedved is clear on Juventus futures of Cristiano Ronaldo and two other stars

Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a departure from Juventus this summer (Picture: Getty Images)

Juventus vice president Pavel Nedved has rubbished rumours that Cristiano Ronaldo will leave the club this summer, insisting he will stay for the final year of his contract.

The 36-year-old has just one year left on his current deal in Turin and there has been speculation that Juventus will look to cash in on him while they can.

Paris Saint-Germain has been touted as a possible destination for the Portuguese superstar, but Nedved says he will be going nowhere during this transfer window.

Ronaldo is yet to meet up with his club teammates this summer after the Euros, but will do so next week and remain at the club for at least another year.

Nedved told Sky Sport on Saturday: ‘Ronaldo has been called up for July 26, he ‘ll be back on Monday and will stay with us.’

The Czech is confident about Ronaldo’s future, as he is about two other players who have been linked with departures this summer.

Paulo Dybala has regularly been linked with a move over the last couple of years and is into the last year of his contract, while Euro 2020 hero Giorgio Chiellini is currently out of contract after his deal expired at the end of June.

Nedved expects both situations to be resolved and both to sign new deals at the club.

Juventus Press Conference

Pavel Nedved is vice president at Juventus (Picture: Getty Images)

‘[Dybala’s] agent is expected in Turin in the next few days, everything will be resolved. Relations were not cold, we are on time,’ he said.

‘[Chiellini] is on vacation. Let’s give him time to recover and then we’ll talk calmly about his renewal.’

Juventus continued their pre-season preparations without many of their big name players by beating Cesena 3-1 on Saturday in a friendly thanks to goals from Koni de Winter, Weston McKinnie and Matias Malvano.


MORE :
Napoli boss Luciano Spalletti hints at exit for Manchester United target Kalidou Koulibaly


MORE : Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responds to rumours Paul Pogba has rejected new Manchester United contract and wants PSG move

For more stories like this, check our sport page

Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on FacebookTwitter and Instagram